Category / Deals
Fraternity Book and 3 CD Box Set Combo
Buy the Fraternity book and 3 CD box set together and get $10 off and save on shipping.
FRATERNITY BOOK BY VICTOR MARSHALL
With outstanding live performances, original material and Bon Scott (later with AC/DC) as lead vocalist, it’s no wonder Fraternity rocked the Australian music world in 1970. Each band member was a sought-after experienced performer. Fraternity gained opening spots with acts such as Deep Purple, Manfred Mann and Black Sabbath. Fraternity’s complex musical arrangements and originality influenced some of Australia’s greatest musicians such as later members Jimmy Barnes and John Swan.
For the first time in 50 years, the band’s story is told in their own words and this significant lost chapter in Australian music history is revealed.
FRATERNITY 3 CD BOX SET
Founded in Australia, rock band FRATERNITY will forever be associated with their lead singer, Bon Scott, who would later join AC/DC and enjoy worldwide fame. However, Scott’s tenure with Fraternity has been poorly documented on the reissue market. Of the two albums the band had issued at the time, Livestock and Flaming Galah, neither album has been released officially. And their story has never been told accurately…
Half a century later, SEASONS OF CHANGE finally seeks to amend this oversight. Curated in conjunction with surviving band members (Bruce Howe, John Freeman, Sam See, John Bisset, Uncle John Eyers and the Estate of Mick Jurd) and their original manager Hamish Henry, this 3-CD set seeks to offer the complete recorded output of FRATERNITY, including both their albums from 1971-72 (originally issued on Sweet Peach and RCA respectively), utilising the original master tapes and best possible remastering sources, adding all relevant non-albums singles A’s and B’s and EP tracks. Bonus tracks feature Fraternity backing The Valentines’ Vince Lovegrove and their victory at the National Battle Of The Sounds competition where they claimed the title of Australia’s No. 1 band.
In addition, research by Victor Marshall for this package uncovered the long-lost Hamish Henry cache of session tapes which have been curated into FRATERNITY’s third album “Second Chance”. “Second Chance” also features live tracks recorded at Pt Lincoln, South Australia as part of their historic Country Arts Tour and unheard songs including vocals and song writing contributions from Bon Scott. Famous artist Vytas Serelis, designer of the ‘Flaming Galah’ cover returns with original cover artwork for ‘Second Chance’.
Musically, from their base in Aldgate, South Australia, FRATERNITY ran the gamut of musical styles in vogue on the rock scene at the dawn of the 1970s, from proto-heavy metal to country and soft rock, progressive music and a nod here and there to the earlier psychedelic boom.
SEASONS OF CHANGE is beautifully presented, with exhaustive 18,000 word sleeve-notes and unseen photos of the band from The Grape Organisation, who have worked in conjunction with Cherry Red’s Lemon label to create this new 50th Anniversary collection.
- Raglan’s Folly
- Cool Spot
- Grand Canyon Suites
- Jupiter’s Landscape
- You have a God
- Why did it have to be me
- Question (Moody Blues cover)
- Seasons of Change (single version) (Blackfeather cover)
- Summerville (single version)
- The Race (pt 1) (Doug Ashdown cover)
- The Race (pt 2) (Doug Ashdown cover)
- Welfare Boogie
- Seasons of Change (Blackfeather cover)
- If you got it
- You have a God (alternate version)
- Hemming’s Farm
- Raglan’s Folly (alternate version)
- Getting Off
- Sommerville R.I.P.
- Canyon Suite
- The Shape I’m in (The Band cover)
- If you got it (single version)
- Raglan’s Folly (single version)
- You have a God (single version)
- Seasons of Change (Hoadley’s Battle of the Sounds, live 1971) (Blackfeather cover)
- If you got it (Hoadley’s Battle of the Sounds, live 1971)
- Second Chance
- Going Down (Moloch cover)
- Patch of Land
- Cool Spot (alternate version)
- Chest Fever (The Band cover)
- Little Queenie (Chuck Berry cover)
- The Memory
- Just Another Whistle Stop (The Band cover)
- No Particular Place to Go (Chuck Berry cover)
- Livestock (Vince Lovegrove with Fraternity, 1971)
- Rented room blues (Vince Lovegrove with Fraternity, 1971)
- Get myself out of this place (a.k.a. Getting Off) (Vince Lovegrove with Fraternity, 1972)
- That’s alright momma (Vince Lovegrove with Fraternity, 1972) (Elvis Presley cover)